Premier Electrical Staffing Safety
Premier considers safety a top priority for our workforce. As safety awareness and training is one of the foundation pieces in onboarding new hires, we have been intentional in developing and providing safety training materials and OSHA training classes.
Premier Electrical Staffing‘s objective is to provide our employees with the safest working environment while on assignment with our clients, by training and educating each employee on safety awareness. In this endeavor, we have instituted several tasks:
- We have a safety guide that each employee must read and acknowledge. Our English Electrical Contractor Safety Manual and Spanish Electrical Contractor Safety Manual can be viewed here on our website.
- Premier also provides a thorough safety assessment, requiring each new hire to partake in a safety video and receive a passing score.
Our Safety Training
The safety of our employees is at the forefront of everything we do and that training is at the core of “safety first.” Here is a list of the safety training that we provide:
- Fall Protection
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Lift Certification
- Ladder Safety
- Silica Training
- Heat Stress
- Fall Protection
- Back Safety-Lifting
- Electrical Safety, Guarding, Grounding, LOTO
- Hand and Power Tools
- Chemical Hazards- MDS
- Confined Spaces
- Fire Safety
- Accident Prevention
- Eye Protection and Safety
We actively have 5 OSHA 500 Certified Instructors available at all times to handle all instances of safety requirements, concerns, and issues. Our Certified Instructors travel frequently to job sites to ensure that safety protocol is being met. See Safety and Workplace Training for more information.
Training Specific to Job Site
The contractor should provide the training and guidance necessary to eliminate unsafe practices and conditions at their job site. We require all of our field employees to comply with Premier Electrical Staffing’s and the contractor’s safety rules, regulations, and hazardous communication.
Any employee who believes that a violation of a safety standard exists should bring the situation to the attention of their supervisor first and/or the appropriate Premier Electrical Staffing coordinator. If corrective action has not been taken or a satisfactory explanation has not been given, you have the right to request a safety inspection by sending a signed notice to the Department of Labor.
Premier Electrical Staffing utilizes a progressive discipline approach for violations of safety and health policies. This approach includes verbal and written warnings, suspensions and discharge. Discharge may be used as a first step for major violations.
Major violations, include, but are not limited to:
- Offenses which risk others’ health and safety
- Blatant disregard of safety rules
- Possession, use or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
Employees understand that some of Premier Electrical Staffing’s contractor clients may have additional policies, procedures, conditions, and security practices. They agree to comply with those additional safety requirements. If they do not adhere to those policies, they understand that this behavior may be cause for discipline which may include immediate discharge.
Employees, who sustain an injury on the job, are required to inform their site supervisor and Premier Electrical Staffing immediately after the accident. Premier Electrical Staffing will deal promptly with legitimate claims and has workers compensation insurance that will pay medical expenses and wages, when applicable. Premier Electrical Staffing has extensive experience investigating claims and will fight fraudulent claims through all of our available resources.
What To Do
When an injury occurs:
- An onsite representative from the client contractor should accompany the injured employee to the treatment facility provided/approved by Premier Electrical Staffing.
- Employees are required to receive a post-accident drug screen. Refusal to submit to a drug screen may be grounds for denying a workers’ compensation claim and subject the employee to further disciplinary action, including immediate termination.
- Premier Electrical Staffing receives all bills, reports, and updates, which are shared with the client contractor.
- Employees are required to keep Premier Electrical Staffing informed of their progress and to inform Premier Electrical Staffing immediately of their release to work from their appointed health care professional.
- If the employee fails to keep Premier Electrical Staffing informed of their healthcare situation, this will indicate that they have voluntarily left the employment of Premier Electrical Staffing. Premier Electrical Staffing will not be responsible for any injury in which the employee is performing tasks not authorized by Premier Electrical Staffing or the job site’s supervisory staff.
Our employees understand and authorize Premier Electrical Staffing to request and obtain all records regarding any industrial accident or occupational disease involving field staff supplied by Premier Electrical Staffing. This is to include doctor’s reports, follow-up reports, nurse’s notes, medical bills, test results, etc.
Early Return to Work Program
Premier Electrical Staffing recognizes the need to provide temporarily modified or light duty work to employees who are unable to perform regular duties due to work-related illness or injury as soon as the treating physician deems it medically feasible.
If No Light Duty Work is Available
When the contractor does not have limited or light duty work available, Premier Electrical Staffing may assign limited or light duty work to the injured employee. Due to the limited amount of modified work positions available, light-duty assignments will be assigned by Premier Electrical Staffing on a first-come, first-serve basis to those employees whose work-related medical restrictions allow eligibility for the job positions available.
After 30 Days
This program will be for no longer than thirty (30) days per incident. Employees understand that if they refuse an assignment that is within their work restriction, their workers’ compensation benefits will be terminated as of that day. Exceptions to this light-duty policy include a return to work under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Employees that have been subject to work-related injury or illness would be returned to work as soon as the Premier Electrical Staffing’s approved physician approves their return in a capacity for which there is available work. We will make every attempt to secure useful and productive work for the employee within their specified work restriction.